DEPARTMENT OF GEOLOGY
Year of Establishment: UG -1961, PG -1985
1.Three Years UG Course in Geology in Choice Based Credit System (CBCS).
2.Two Years PG course in Geology Choice Based Credit System (CBCS).
About The Department
- The Geology department was established in the year 1961 to cater to the needs of the students of coal field region. It has spacious class-rooms and well-equipped laboratories.
- The department has growing, dynamic, and research & teaching oriented faculty having broad range of research interests
- Our mission is to achieve academic excellence through innovative teaching and learning, quality research and enhanced development activities.
Vision & Mission
- Vision :- To make the Geology department a nationally acclaimed center of excellence for higher learning that will serve as a source of knowledge with encompassing social values, scientific interests among the students and be a preferred destination for undergraduate and graduate studies.
- Mission :- To impart knowledge with blend of traditional basics of Earth Sciences and the emerging cutting-edge techniques of geological importance. To promote higher standard of excellence in Teaching and Research. To promote the ethics of higher education for empowerment of rural youth and neighboring areas, progress of society, nation and mankind at large.